Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is just a few days away! I am always excited this time of year, now that our kids are getting bigger it just makes the magic of Christmas even more exciting. We took our annual Christmas picture by the Christmas tree, and even I'm impressed with how well it turned out. I did a little tweeking with Picasa and love the way it turned out.

This year we'll be spending Christmas just us as home. We took two family vacations, once to visit my family in Washington State, and then we tagged along with Jesse on a business trip to Washington D.C. and the kids and I had a great time seeing the sights. So, no big plans for Christmas. Just us, at home, relaxing, doing a few projects around the house, etc.

We are also getting ready for Isaac's birthday on Tues. He is turning five years old (already?!) and will have his first party with friends. We usually do a family birthday with just us going to dinner and doing the cake and ice cream/present thing at home...but this year we felt like five was a big deal so he's having a few friends over. We're going to play "snowball fight", which he did in his preschool P.E. class. It's just a game using plastic grocery bags balled up (use tape to keep them together) and you throw them at each other. Sort of like dodge-ball. I picked up a few party favors, but for the most part - although it's a friend party - this will be a very low key party.
Keltsy is also getting big, she starts Sunbeams in January! I think that means we're ready (or way past ready) to have another baby. That's probably MY Christmas wish this year, ha ha!

Our family wish this year is that everyone is happy, healthy, filled with the Spirit, and able to provide for themselves, their families, and help those they know in need. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Amy,
I am so excited you have a blog!! I was hoping you would start one for a while, so I could see how your family is doing. Cute family! My email is danielle.monroe@gmail.com. Congratulations on your online business!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finding me! I was so excited when I found your name. I'll be emailing you soon with our Christmas letter.

Allison said...

I'm so excited to see your blog! How come it took you until now to tell us about it??? Love the family pictures. I'd forgotten that Keltsey and Ellie are about the same age. You guys are way too cute!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Amy...so fun to see your little family again. What beautiful children you have and I can't believe how big they are already! I am glad you have a blog now so I can keep up. I also love your store...or at least the stuff I see in the side bar, I will have to check it out more closely. What cute stuff! Amberly starts sunbeams in January as well...it just seems like you had Keltsy, but I guess it has been a few years since we left Birmingham. Looking forward to keeping in better touch.

Lori said...

What adorable children! This is the first time seeing Keltsy, she is beautiful! I love all of the things you have made. I never knew you were so crafty!! I'm glad you have a blog so I can check in with your family. Merry Christmas!

Tammi said...

Hey Amy! It was good to see your blog. I love hearing about how you are doing! I hope that your Christmas was wonderful. How do you like Indy? I think it is a great city!!

tessa said...

Hey fun to bump into you in the cyber world. Fun to see the family updates and how big and beautiful the kids are. Merry C-mas!