Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day...finally!

We've been waiting all winter for it and it finally came! We got about six inches of snow over the last 24 hours, closing schools all over Indianapolis. We had fun this morning, I shoveled the driveway and the kids played/cried in the snow. Keltsy is not a fan of cold, but she SO wanted to play. The snow came up to her waist and she couldn't really walk around in it and just got frustrated and cried. I showed her how to find snow that had already been stepped in to get around. Our neighbor friends were also outside shoveling, and they had kid sized shovels, making play time even more fun. Isaac climbed "the biggest snow mountain ever!". He wanted to have a snowball fight, me and him against Keltsy. Too bad the snow isn't sticky, it just falls apart, so we couldn't do snowballs or make a snowman. It was a lot of fun, though...and then hot chocolate tops off the day!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like fun! (I like the hot chocolate part the best! :) )

Kara said...

I'm glad Utah (well at least where I am) doesn't have snow days. I'm not sure I could make up the missed day at the end of an already long school year, especially when we get out after Memorial Day and the kids have had enough. I'm glad you and your kids enjoyed it though!

Danielle said...

Oh, I am jealous. We barely get any snow here. My children long for it, even though they've barely experienced it.

Tammi said...

We get snow days in Bangor all the time. It's more because of the cold and blowing snow than for actual accumulation. I'm glad that you're kids enjoyed the snow day. I like hot chocolate too!!