Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bread Dough Experiment

I've been trying to save some money by making our own bread. It actually has been coming out really yummy (you have to use bread flour for good bread dough - took me years to figure this part out), but the biggest hassle is always having the time to make it when we run out. I just searched online to find out exactly how to do it. There seems to be no one set way to do it, except the general consensus is to defrost overnight in the fridge before allowing to rise at room temp. Since school is still out today, I think I'll do the big bread dough experiment...I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So, how did it go? My family loves homemade bread, but it is time consuming.

Hunter Family said...

Danielle - it's in the freezer, lol! I'll blog again if it works and doesn't taste funny...